Epcot, at almost twice the size of Magic Kingdom, was Disney’s vision of a future of innovation and dreams paired with an international bazaar. The front half of the Park, Future World, consists of large themed pavilions centered around an attraction. Each pavilion contains the main attraction with smaller themed areas to explore and learn. Here is a list of the pavilions:
- Spaceship Earth – a ride through the history of human communication and knowledge inside the big “golf ball”
- The Seas with Nemo – a huge aquarium merged with Nemo and his friends
- The Land – an exploration of man’s use of his environments and farming – Ride Soarin’ (FP+)
- Journey into Your Imagination – join a purple dragon for a ride through your imagination
- Universe of Energy – learn about the creation of fossil fuels on this moving theater ride with life size animatronic dinosaurs
- Mission Space – train to pilot a mission to mars on this space simulator (FP+)
- Test Track – design a custom vehicle and ride in through a test course (FP+)
- Innoventions – two pavilions dedicated to rotating exhibits of various themes
The back section of the Park is the World Showcase. This is a collection of pavilions representing 11 different countries including America, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, Germany, Norway, China, and Mexico. This half of the Park opens at 11am, although you can eat breakfast in France starting at 9. Each location is beautifully detailed with architectural styles representing its region. Every section has a restaurant featuring great foods and drink found in the Country that has been recreated. Several Countries have attractions, live bands, and street performers that are not to be missed.
- Spend the morning exploring Future World and the evening strolling around the World Showcase
- Get a FP+ for Soarin’ and ride Test Track first thing to beat the rush
- Visit Turtle Talk with Crush for an interactive visit with Nemo’s sea turtle friend
- Innoventions is a great place to visit during a rainy afternoon
- See the Voices of Liberty and watch the American Adventure for a dose of Patriotism
- Great sit down restaurants: Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Via Napoli, and La Hacienda de San Angel
- Make sure a stay for the nighttime show around the World Showcase Lagoon, Illuminations
- Starbucks is adjacent to the fountains behind Spaceship Earth
- Play the Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure. Pick up a secret phone to follow clues to save the Tri State Area from the evil Dr Doofenshmirtz. You are sent throughout the various countries on this interactive scavenger hunt.
- There are great street performers and musical acts everywhere grab a beer in Germany of wine in Italy and watch.
- Use rider swap when you have children who don’t meet the height requirements. See the cast member at the attraction entrance and request a rider swap pass, send the older kids with one parent and wait for their return. Once they are back, switch out and enter the FastPass line. Your pass is good for 4 people so the big kids can ride twice! (rider swap is available at all the Disney Parks)
Check back soon to see Fast Tips for the other parks! If you liked this article please read Epcot Quick Service Restaurants.